Planning and strategies for SSC CGL Tier 1
SSC CGL Tier 1 examinations are supposed to be held between 1st Aug’17 to 20th Aug’17. Admit cards may be released on 20th of July. Hence the candidates have very less time for the preparation for the Tier 1 Examinations. Here are some tips and strategies that can be very useful to qualify in the tier 1 Examination.
- The total questions in the tier 1 will be 100 each of 2 marks. The subject wise break up is given here.
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Time|
|General intelligence & reasoning||25||50||Composite time of 60 Minutes|
- The questions will be multiple options objective types, each having four options.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers. For each wrong answer 0.5 marks will be deducted.
So in keeping all the above points in minds here are some tips and strategies which are very useful in qualifying tier 1 examination.
- Focus on your strong subjects: – you have only 25-30 days left and the cutoff will be on marks of all subjects taken together. So if you can gain 20-22 in at two subjects and 12-14 marks in other subjects you are in safe zone for the tier 1 examination.
- The examination will be online, so keep yourself updated and familiar with the computer systems and patterns for the online examinations. Some mock test may be useful so that you can understand the navigations.
- Do not go for new points or chapter. It’s time for revision of the subjects that you have studied. However you can go for new things in general awareness.
- Timing is going to be a major factor this year. Last year the total time was 75 Min. but this year only 60 min. will be given. So for timing try to solve as many mock test papers as you can. Do not give much time to single questions.
- Divide your whole time of sixty min. to each subject. Try giving less time to general English and general awareness. 20-22 min. are enough for English and general awareness. This way you will have a total of about 40 Min. for maths and reasoning.